Holidays and Honeymoons
Staying at Kanlaya's is a unique experience
Visitors are greeted as our house guests rather than hotel or resort customers. With only four suites, and our own quarters, you will be welcomed as friends to our home, the very best in the area, and also to our considerable local knowledge and contacts. Your privacy is respected though you will feel truly welcomed and we do our very best to tender to your needs and wishes.
We raise the curtain on local life and geography in a way few tourists experience. At a time when discerning travellers seek out the genuine experiences and personal contact that industrial tourism make increasingly elusive, we can tailor exclusive arrangements for you. We draw on our unrivalled local knowledge, offering our guests truly authentic experiences in this beautiful, unspoilt part of Thailand.
Luxurious Wilderness Holidays
Created for discerning and adventurous travellers, seeking comfort and style, Kanlaya's is probably the finest accommodation on the famous Mae Hong Son Loop, Road of a 1000 bends. It's a comfortable base camp for exploring the wild Mae Hong Son Wilderness. With our unrivalled local knowledge and access, it will be an experience to remember.
Honeymoons at Kanlaya's
Why Honeymoons at Kanlaya's?
For those whose hearts are set on Thailand we offer a very special Honeymoon experience at Kanlaya's, as personal, and as far from a package deal as it's possible to get. Adventure and pampering in equal measures.
Our summer home in England, South Farm, in Cambridgeshire, is one of England's leading wedding venues, see www.south-farm.co.uk It's a family business where we host over 200 weddings a year, all very special and each one hand-made. The testimonials on our website speak for themselves. We grow the veg, tend the garden, rear the animals, cook the food, arrange the party and provide accommodation. It's good training for Honeymoon planning!
Food and drink
- Our resident cook is on call all the time, for breakfast, light lunches and dinner served at the Villa.
- Breakfast on the balcony as the sun breaks through the morning mist around 9 AM, and candlelit dinner beside the firepit, on the balcony or indoors if it's chilly.
- We specialize in local tribal dishes, Shan and Northern Thai Cuisine. Much of our food is from the garden, jungle foraged and locally grown.
- We grow organic Avocado, Papaya, Lemons, Passion Fruit, Pineapple, garlic and assorted greens and recently planted Arabica Coffee, for which the area is famous. Many of our ingredients are foraged in the jungle. We also use tribal markets and village stalls.
- We stock wines, beers and spirits, make cocktails and smoothies.
- In the village there are also two good local restaurants and a stylish coffee shop.
Menu price guide
- Continental breakfast, Thai breakfast - 250
- Continental plus Full English breakfast - 350
- Three course dinner - 500
- Three course candlelit dinner beside the fire - 750